Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Torchwood"















BBC,...The third series of "Torchwood",..."Children of Earth", was shown on consecutive nights.

This Doctor Who" spin-off will return for a fourth series with a more international flavor, the BBC said.

The 10-part series will be funded by BBC Wales, as well as the corporation's commercial arm - BBC Worldwide - and US cable network Starz Entertainment.

John Barrowman will return as Captain Jack alongside Eve Myles, as Gwen.
While previous series have been recorded in Cardiff, new story lines will include locations in the US and around the world.
_______________________________________













I love this series, but the U.S./Hollywood connection ,might be the death of it. I mean Torchwood has a main character that's Queer, 'and' immortal. This 'will-not-play' in Jesusland. Also the previous series, number three, was serious stuff.

Material American t.v. can't handle. I mean besides the main character, "Captain Jack", and his boyfriend kissing full mouth front, and center on the screen. There's killer alien drug addicts. Heads of state ordering the deliberate murder of their own kids. Also other assorted mayhem that would give ya average conspiracy nut a stroke.

Real barrel of laffs, and swell t.v.!

I cautiously stand by.

Thanks to Bodmin for the hedd'z up on this gleeful news. As I told him, "...now I'll have something to watch again,...I hope.

The series returns this November.


Boy I can hardly wait for Jesusland to see this!

No comments: