Thursday, July 1, 2010

"Terrible Wonder"












He was awake again, the man with the terrible wounds. Blinking through red slits he looked up at me.

A tattered wisp of a voice said "...Agony,and I have become intimate friends."

The man, Angel coughed molten gold from ruined lips.

"Demons, those wretched children of Hell that rejoice in their dominion over your world. Those pain wraiths did this to me."

"For amusement they plucked out my eyes, and tore off my wings."

"For spites sake they infected my soul with 'doubt', and so severed my umbilical to Paradise."

After these words the wounded man slept again. The only sound his breath which was like a thin wind over broken glass. At midnight there was distant thunder. He stirred, and awoke.

The tortured Angel opened empty sockets, smiled sadly, and said, "...Silly Rabbit"


"You watched your calenders, and held your breath for Y2k, and 2012, but then went back to sleep. But G-d's time is Her time! You have not escaped the fire. She will light her candles burn Her worlds as She pleases.

The man/Angel gently touched my arm, and said, "...These are the Days foretold to you."

"Your Tribulation has come."

With weary resignation he told me to go to the window.


"Go to the window, and look at the sky."

I did, I looked. It was gone. The sky. Gone. No day, no night, no moon, nor stars, or clouds. Void, just void. A great silent nothing.

"As it was in the Beginning", whispered the Angel, "Is now, and shall be forevermore."

I gazed into Heaven's empty chalice. Here at last was an answer to Faith.

A Sign, and most terrible Wonder.

Uncle Sidney

(See link to my Spirit pages, "Angel Dreams" on right.)

No comments: