Saturday, December 13, 2008

"On the Town"


































I was out wandering around mid-town recently here are some more snaps from that pilgrimage. I was hoping for snow, but it's just been raining. Though New England got ice storms that knocked out power to millions.

'Careful what ya wish's for I guess.

Anyhow things are getting a bit better for me. At least I'm not totally homeless now. I've been rescued by a posse of dear pals. See I have this problem about asking for help.

Basically I don't.

...which pissed my pals off big time. Maybe I was trying to commit suicide by homelessness, as some in this country do by cop. You know arranging situations where the heat has to hose you down with hot lead.

Usually forty rounds.

Well one thing led to another, and now I'm being dragged back into the oh too fragile middle class. I guess I'm lucky. No I'm lucky as fucking Hell.

Listen gang you don't want to be on the street. It's everything you fear it is only massively worse. If the cops don't kill you the maniacs will. So on that happy note I'll soon be paying far more than I can afford for an apartment that's far too small.

Otherwise I'm fine.

(Click on images to enlarge.)


(Bruce Springsteen, "The Ghost of Tom Joad")

No comments: