Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Another Day"






























































One of the cool things about living in the Emerald City is that somebody is always making a movie. You can't walk across town without running into a shoot. Commercials, feature films, and my fav NYU Film School student projects.

I always mean to ask them why they keep trying to re-make Hitchcock or Fassbinder flicks. That or their signature shorts that are always 20 minutes too long.

This behavior is painfully consistent.

Jean Maurice Eugène Clément Cocteau famous dead French guy, and former nazi collaborator. Well perhaps I go too far. He was neither an overt Vichy fan nor in the Resistance.

He just looked the other way while tens of thousands of his countrymen, alot of them Jews, and his fellow Queers were disappeared. What the hell millions of others did the same.

Anyway our hero said that as soon as film equipment is as available as a pencil. Only then will the cinema become an art form. I can see why he thought this at the time.

However if he was dug up, and rehydrated he might have another opinion after a few hours of Youtube.

Btw I was nearly run over the Irish ambassador. That's his sudden motorcade driving at 90 mph without warning,...at me.

He missed.

I lived to make it home, and make a yummy chicken stew in my enchanted slow cooker.

Stay Tuned.

No comments: