Friday, June 12, 2009

"Hope"






I'm still Amazed that we all actually did it. I'm still in awe. Once or twice a century G-d gives this country a chance to get it right. Last time was in 1968, and we failed.

We spent 40 years in the wilderness.

This time,...my G-d. We did the right thing. Not only that, but a majority, a
'growing' majority of us still believes. Still wants to do what's right.

Yeah the far left, and right is pissed, but then they always are. He's not Fidel or Reagan,..thank gawd!

Things are throughly fucked in the world, but at least we're not actively making it worse. We're even if you look closely, we're slowly trying to heal things now.

So yes, Obama has done 'some' stuff that has surprised, and disappointed. So what. He has to play politics,..this is 'still' America. The main thing is we're going in the right direction now. We have Hope

The kind of Hope I have not seen since I was a teenager,...in 1968.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so agree Sid I was 9 in 1968 all that hope riding on RFK and is run for office and then BANG! and it was all over ! gone with the wind
on a cold floor in down town L A,
and then the train journey home to the east coast such a fucking waste
and I still think the CIA had him
killed the bastards!

poetreader said...

I have a lot of very intense disagreement with Mr. Obama, but that didn't stop me from voting for him, nor from seeing in him the potential for the best president of my lifetime (a lifetime, BTW that began when FDR was still president -- so that's a lot of potential!). It's still only potential, but "HOPE" is most surely the right word. And to top it all off, he's our very first non-Aryan prez. That's a WOW!

ed

Anonymous said...

Faith in any politician is a chimera, and will result in pain, disillusionment, and a deep sense of betrayal.

It's already begun with this particular Savior. It will only get worse.

Sorry. But remember to mark my words, as unpleasant as you may find them.

Franz