Saturday, September 8, 2007

"Astro's Queer Dance"



"Asto Boy", and his lover "Jiro" dance for freedom at the site of the yanked down Queer Rainbow flag at Wbai radio. Oh the shame of it. A place noted for it's humane heart now just another hostile workplace.

A dear pal of mine, and a station board member suggested that a new flag be painted on the wall. Sounds like a swell idea. In fact I think I'll do just that. Yeah I know what with war, mayhem , slavery, starvation, and oppression all over da place this is small potatoes.

So what it piss's me off. Anyway remember think global, act local! A statement has to be made that this 'isn't' okay. We're 'not' giving up any space more no matter how small to the darkness.

The sad thing is this happened in the daytime. So there were alot of witness's, witness's who chose to do nothing. Aw well. Sad place this 21st century,...ain't it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sidney, I just had an idea. Take some great moments in sex history and paint them on the wall. I think Rimbaud was 13 or 14 when he met Verlaine. Paint a huge mural depicting their first sex scene in Paris! History is filled with lots of this stuff. That's only the first thing that came to my mind.

A 20th century French artist did a large work of Socrates sucking off what looks like a 12 year old! That was just displayed in Paris in a major museum. Do your own version of that!

Don't waste that wall on some stupid flag!

Uncle Sydney 2012 said...

I like da way ya thinks!