Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"...for the Birds"















Hi gang. I'm okay I guess. Just wandering around thinking of stuff. History, life, fate all that. Remembering all the years I've lived, and the people I've known. Our lives are so brief. Our bodies so fragile.

Fortunately these's lots of laughs, and sex to sort of make most of it worthwhile.

Yeah I was a little nuts for the last few daze. Alot of self pity, and weepy bullshit. 'But as I say it's my blog, and I'll cry if I want to.

However the sun came out, the wind was fresh, and them damned birds in the yard next door was sing'n their brains out. I'm even sorry I thought about getting a .22 to pick them little chirping bastards off.

As I've been saying,..."Happy Spring".


(Btw, that a real Barbie horror doll up there. If you want you can actually order a Barbie "The Birds" set.)

...clearly these are the final days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Sid,
that looks like a real spooky movie! Whats it called?

Uncle Sydney 2012 said...

"The Birds", by Alfred Hitchcock.

It's a classic from the 1960's, and on dvd.

Get it!

Lino said...

Uncle, I saw that fil-um about a year after it opened -sometime during the Beatles onslaught.

I was 7 and frankly, I laughed off the trashy horror flicks of the time, but -this- stuck with me.

With apologies to fellow bird owners (Mexican Parrot 38 years and counting) I actually hated birds for a time after that film and used to kick pigeons in Central park. This did not ingratiate me with the old bags who trolled the park feeding them.

Birds of a different feather:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Fy16cUVZw

BTW: Pigeons in BKK look exactly the same as here.

Uncle Sydney 2012 said...

Yeah this one freaked me out too. I saw it on tv when I was 12 or so.

I was 'just' old enough to get Hitchcock's message.

"...the world is weirder, and scarier that you think kid"

"Anything can happen at 'any' time!"

..swell

R K W said...

Your blog is wonderfully tastful!

Uncle Sydney 2012 said...

"Tastful?!!"

What! I invite you into my house, and you call it "Tastful!"

Sir I'll have you know that I've gone out of my way to make these pages as disturbing as possible.

I imagine you've yet to gander my pervert page,..though you'd probably call it artistic or some such bourgeois static.

I suggest you hack through the last two years of my swell stuff to see how awful I truly am...

Um,..I'm kidding. Welcome to Sydneyland.