Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Merry Christmas"


WASHINGTON – Republicans in the House have blocked a bill that would have extended jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed beyond the holiday season.

The most recent extension of jobless benefits expires Dec. 1. Two million people will lose benefits averaging *$310 a week nationwide by the end of the year.

The measure would have extended jobless benefits through the end of February at a cost of adding $12.5 billion to the nation's debt. Republicans opposing the measure said that the measure should be paid for by **cutting unspent money from last year's economic stimulus bill.

Democrats brought the measure to the floor under fast-track rules that required a two-thirds vote to pass, so the measure fell despite winning a majority.

Associated Press



*There is 'no' part of the United States of America where $300. bucks a week will house, and feed a family of four. A single person would have to miss a few meals a month to get by with that. ...especially in the east coast cities.


**Them nazi bastards knew that "stimulus" dough couldn't be touched which is why they suggested it. This way the evil communist, Kenyan, satanist, cannibal Democrats look like butt-holes for not being reasonable, and 'they',the nazi rich peoples party, look fiscally responsible.

Meanwhile millions are fucked,..again.

3 comments:

Zaek said...

I guess we know which side of the aisle the Grinch sits on.

Funny how them Demublicans never seem to think of asking the banks to hand over the bailout money. I wonder where it went, anyway? Up the spout and into bigger mansions, swankier cars and lots of wonky investments where it does zilch to stimulate the economy, is my best guess.

I'm afraid that in a decade Social Security and other entitlements will be all but devoid of spending power, or simply nonexistent.

Some justice would make a refreshing change, don't you think? I wonder if that's possible at this point, and if so what form it might take..?

Uncle Sydney 2012 said...

I feel like I'm in a lightning storm.

All around me high voltage is striking, and I'm just waiting my turn.

Uncle Sydney 2012 said...

Yeah that bailout dough. A Trillion Dollars. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know if you divided that up amongst all the folks here in the land of the laid off,..wow.

I think that each of us would get over a million bucks! Well a shitload for sure.

I mean I wouldn't have to worry about the electric bill or food for a good long while.

As for where it really went.

No one knows. Remember when president smiley face asked the bankers what the hell they did with all that cash?

They told him to piss off, and they did this over the phone. They didn't come to that meeting he called at the White House.

That was an insult as big as the republican jerk calling him a liar at the State of the Union Address.

Btw nothing like 'that' had happened since the Civil War. The disrespect is because he's a nigger in their White Palace.

This country drives me to tears. Maybe that's why I was a drug fiend in the old daze.

...well okay it was fun at first, but you get my drift.

Why couldn't I have been born somewhere out of the way, and nice. New Zealand or Alaska,..maybe not Alaska.

Um, Fiji is nice I hear, when they're not having coups or floods.