Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Shit it's Hot today!"














On the upside I noticed "Back to School" stuff in the malls. A sure sign that the seasons are rolling along. Then again you'll recall last year some department stores were putting up xmas stuff in mid September.

In an economy like this ya can't let the grass grow under your feet.

Still I hope it cools off just enough for what's left of summer to be enjoyable. It was actually too dangerous to go out for most of this season. The whole northern hemisphere was cooking in a vast heat wave!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this was the first "Hemispheric Extreme Climatic Event".

You recall my experiment with that day it got to 115f,..albeit unofficially. Don't matter it was the hottest bleep I even experienced. Stuff like that made much of the summer a write off.

Imagine a winter with a roaring blizzard 'every' day. Ya see my point.

Anyway I tried to do some simple errands like hitting the laundry, post office, and the supermarket,...aw man. The sun was a physical force that beat me back into my temperature controlled hovel.

I was gasping for breath when I made it back,..."Mad dogs, and Englishmen". Add to that post industrial urban proles.

However there's still time. I 'really' want to put on a straw hat, and hit the roller coaster, the Coney Island Cyclone, and do assorted fun summer stuff before the first sleet! ...humm maybe the meds are kicking in I feel very slightly optimistic.












(The Cyclone in 1957,..the year we met. My Dad loved it!)

They made her a National Monument. This so the speculator couldn't tear her down,..bastards.

She's near 100 years old, but we loves this shaky pile of rusty nails, and cracked boards! Sure there's newer better looking bigger, faster, safer rides, but ya can't beat the "Cyclone!"

Christs sakes with the old Cyclone you're never sure ya coming back alive. Now that's entertainment!


Stay Tuned.

No comments: