Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Dinner at 8,..eh, 9:30,..okay 10:15"












Okay we just had our 2nd dinner party, and 3rd visit by dear comrades to "Sydney Haus". Jose the news director of Wbai.org helped me move some of my junk into the new digs.

Then a few months later Manya my lesbian Witch pal, and local radio star came by to feed me chinese food, and do a provisional Blessing of Sydneyhaus.

...oh the dumplings!!

The 'real' Blessing comes during the Holidaze when I have the official "Haus" party. All these now are dress rehearsals. I'm ringing the bugs out,...literally.

Ah, but to the meal of meals.























My dear pals the Rt. Rev. R.P. Martin, and his devoted wife, and companion Nurse Pickles,...these guys 'insist' on keeping me alive btw, anyhow they took time out from their busy, exciting lives to come over'n keep me company.

It was a simple hot summer evening's fare of roast chickens, and watermelons. My national dish! I threw in some apple cider, and strawberries for style.












(I tempted the good reverend with chocolate cake.)

A swell time was had by all as we talked about everybody that wasn't there!

After the greasy meal we retired to the smoking room for several rounds of port, and some good Havana stogies.











Tinkerbelle did the dishes while we discussed the curse of digital tv!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Can I borrow Tink?

Zaek said...

Looks good! Hold the stogie, I'll have a second glass of port.

Drumstick said...

Former French President Jaques Chirac says that in 2003, President Bush asked him to send troops to Iraq to stop Gog and Magog, the "Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse."

It’s awkward to say openly, but now-departed President Bush is a religious crackpot, an ex-drunk of small intellect who “got saved.” He never should have been entrusted with the power to start wars.

Zaek said...

Drumstick, that thought gives me indigestion. Not that I disagree with the sentiment. I've sometimes wondered whether Bush really believed that Bible blather. I guess this clues us in. His feeble character and limited intellect were always pretty clear.

I think I'll go for a third port. Unless somebody's passing a joint, in which case I'll have some of that instead.

Bodmin said...

I'm cool with either another glass of port or a bong. Bush can keep the six pack of Bud.

Bodmin said...

Incidentally, ZAEK, before the party breaks up: not long ago over on BH you had said something about info on publishing, and cards. As someone who has published in our field - the 1990 retrospective of Uncle's early work, and a book of Hakim's poems among other things - maybe we should talk. I also have some pics that were submitted to Art Unlimited for greeting cards just too late, after they changed their policy to not print any pics of boys done by men (women/mothers are still ok). If Uncle is willing, and you're in touch with him, I authorise him to give you my e-mail.

Zaek said...

Thanks Bodmin, I'll take you up on that. I'll write Sidney in the next day or two.