Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"The Ownership Society"






















I don't have money for food at the end of the month, and I have a full time union job with benefits.

(...rent, food, medications. Sometimes I can't afford all three.)

Or to put it another way. I was watching a bit of the Republican convention tonight. Not that there was much going on. Ya noticed? The place was empty most of the time. 'Guess they was all at power lunch's or power naps or something.

Anyway when someone 'was' speaking I couldn't help, but notice that the crowd was mono-cultural. To say nothing of mono-chromatic. Ya know, generally white people with alot of money.

'Normally I don't go in for racist mau-mauing of white folks. I despise Black race games as much as the old White ones. Also I ain't mad at them for having so much dough. I wouldn't mind being in a position to 'earn' some of that myself.

It's just that I couldn't help but notice that this convention was like a private club or a gated community. That as opposed to what I saw at the Democratic jamboree last week. What piss's me off about them is that they seemed to have forgotten what hunger feels like.

That's it in a nutshell.

These folks, some of them, seemed to me too far removed from the reality of food stamps, layoffs or foreclosure to be of much help in these times.

Still like I sez,..nice people I'm sure. Still I suppose they're like Crack Heads. Sort'a focused on just 'their' goals to the exclusion of pretty much everything else.

No I'm not going to do some long whiney thing here. It's just that I'm always amazed at their party's ideological indifference to injustice, and suffering is all. Though I'm sure they don't see it that way. No one ever sees 'themselves' as the bad guy.

'But remember the 'Purpose' of a system, any system is 'what it Does'.

What it 'Actually' does in the Real World.

Not what it 'sez' it's doing or 'plans' to do, but what it 'Really' does day to day.

Looking at these nice rich people that are responsible for the system that forcibly screws regular folks up the butt, no grease, everyday of the week,..well.

What can I say. 'They' seem to like it okay so I imagine they'll keep their system going for as long as possible. '

But of course that means 'we're' all fucked.

Don't it.

Stay Tuned.

(The above fridge is a professional stunt double for my actual fridge which is just as empty, but not nearly so clean, and tidy.) Ya needs a chisel to get that fossilized pasta sauce off the bottom, and sides.

No comments: