Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"The Childrens Crusade"














Yeah it was a night to remember. As I say I'm still awake. The reality of this election that was 400 years in the making still hasn't sunk in.

We are in a new era.

I don't know what's going to happen now. Like so many other comrads I lived through the events of 1968. Perhaps that great year was our common dream of what was to come.

People wept in the streets last night. Our nightmare may be beginning to end.

Dr. King went to the mountain top, and saw the Promised Land. He saw it, but we weren't ready so we indeed spent 40 years in the desert. ...literally.

This is all kind'a Biblical.

I understand some not being able to vote for Obama. You, and I, and so many of our comrads are trapped in 19th, and 20th century ideologies.

We have old ideas of how freedom should come. Hence the desert. Our children led us out, and now they will lead us into this new, and strange land called Freedom.
_______________________________________________________________________________

No comments: