Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"My Favorite Paths"






























These above are some of my favorite paths in the Gardens. The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens/Prospect Park. I've been going there since early childhood. I love this sweet refuge as much now as I did then.

(...and no it doesn't seem smaller.)

That strange sensation on visiting a childhood haunt. Place's, and objects are familiar yet seem so small. Anyway the Park, and Gardens are as big, and wonderful to me today as back when cars had fins, and milk was still delivered in glass bottles.

'How I remember raceing up those stone steps to the columns. Indeed how I remember walking to the park instead of taking a cab. Amazing me, and my pals would walk a couple of city miles, and not think twice about it.

Good grief.

Below are some snaps of our very late arriving fall colors. They say on the Weather Channel that they won't last long this year. If so that is a terrible shame. Another victim of the great planetary climate change. Still lets enjoy it while it's here.

Peace.

(Click on all images to enlarge for better detail.)

No comments: